Upgrading from vSphere 4.0 to 4.1 isn’t too difficult with the help of vCenter Update Manager (VUM). I covered this in my Best of vSphere 4.1 for vNerds video (included free with every Train Signal vSphere video training course) and the 23 minute video below is one piece of that course.
In this video, you’ll learn:
- How to download the ESX and ESXi upgrade packages
- How to import VUM upgrade pacakges
- How to create an update baseline
- How to attach a baseline and scan for compliance
- How to use VMware Update Manager to upgrade to ESX 4.1 and ESXi 4.1 (all with no downtime to virtual machines and apps)
Keep in mind that that, whether or not you are upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 specifically, this video has a lot to offer as it will help you to understand VUM, import packages, create baselines, and perform vSphere upgrades and patches of any kind.